Friday, March 4, 2011

Debuting this Fall!


Most of you have probably seen our new side bar and or my Facebook status post about our new addition. CRAZY! I am so thankful that we can trust and know that God is in control and that this baby was planned and that the Lord already knows everything about this little one. What a comforting feeling. This was taken a month ago at our ultrasound... I don't think I was so excited to see a baby and a heartbeat on the screen, as I had quite a bit of bleeding and spotting (before we actually knew we were pregnant) and were even told by the base doctor that he thought we were having a miscarriage. But there he or she was... as big as a raisin with a heartbeat! What a miracle! Only the Creator could come up with something- someone so amazing.

We are now almost 12 weeks along and I feel great. A little tired, but I think that can be attributed to the kids being sick and not sleeping well. Afternoon siestas have been my favorite thing... and I have been taking full advantage when the kids sleep at the same time (which they do on most days).
I have had the weirdest cravings this pregnancy... different then either one before. Here is what I have been craving:
  • BMT subs from Subway on Italian herb and cheese. I can down a foot long no problem!
  • Apricot jam... can't get enough. I have two pieces of toast with (sugar free) apricot jam every morning. I literally could eat them for every meal.
  • Rotisserie chicken. Yummm!
  • Orzo pasta salad (anything). One day it was greek orzo salad, and the other day for lunch it was orzo pasta with chicken, spring greens, grapes, craisins, and pecans.
  • And my new secret love JOE.... A cup of Joe that is. My mother in law is so proud! Every morning Ben leaves what is left of this coffee (still in the coffee pot) and I have about a half a cup mixed in with my hazelnut cafe mix ( so really I'm cheating... but at least its a step)... and Boy does it get things moving... if you know what I mean.
  • Chobani yogurt with walnuts!
  • And now that Easter candy is here... Those darn Cadbury mini eggs.

1 comment:

LeroyLime said...

Hooray for Joe!! If there's anyone to cheat with it's best with your favorite mug!! ;) mmmm, toast sounds yummy too!