Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Base Triathlon

This past weekend I competed in a Triathlon here on Base. It was sotra a spur of the moment decision... The base fitness people convinced me they needed more girls on Thursday night after my spin class. So I signed up. I knew I wouldn't have a problem with the swim or the bike... but I was a little worried about the run part (considering I have really only ran about five times since the OKC half marathon).
The distances were as follows:
Swim: 1 mile (22 down and back laps of the pool)

Bike: 21.6 miles
Run: 7.2 miles
To my surprise... I was the first out of the pool in 38 minutes
First off the bike in 1 hour and 21 minutesAnd then... with less then 2 miles to go in the run I was passed. I wasn't really suprised, as the girl who passed me is a super dooper good runner. The run took me 1 hour and 29 minutes.

Anyway, I came 2nd overall. I was very pleased with my finish. It was a very fun race to be apart of and the base fitness people did a great job.


Here are some photos of the race:








6 comments:

Karisa said...

That's awesome Natalie! Great job! :-)

LeroyLime said...

Goooo NAT! That's awesome girl, you totally ROCK!

Anonymous said...

Can not believe you!!! Running last minute!!! Love that you had a smile on your face the whole time!! Congrats

Julie said...

WOO HOO! We are super proud of you.

Jaydes said...

Woah Nats! Congrats! I am so inspired my women (mother's in particular) who go out and get 'em!

Paige said...

I'm SOOOO impressed Nat!
Way to go!