Monday, May 31, 2010

These Days...

One thing I enjoy about living in the States, is the emphasis the country and its people put into their holidays.
Today was Memorial Day...
a time to honor and remember American Service men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice defending this nation. It is important to keep up with these traditions, so that our children won't ever forget the why we celebrate these special days.
American or not, I am thankful for my freedom!
flag_us2.jpg
It feels like summer here in Altus! Temperatures have been HOT HOT HOT in the 90's already. At least it cools down at nights still (which I know will change very shortly). Ben bought some watermelon yesterday... Bella loved it!
Today Ben was craving a DQ dipped cone. So yes, we drove 45 minutes to Chillicothe, TX to get dipped cones from Dairy Queen. We also stopped at the local pecan store for some yummie treats. My fave= the chocolate turtles (the cheapest you will find them anywhere $5.95 for a whole bag full)... So much for cutting back starting June 1st... I just couldn't help myself.

As you can see... Bella loved her DQ ice cream too... Who needs a spoon, when you can just smash your face right into the bowl????

No comments: