Monday, October 18, 2010

Weekend in Amarillo!



We ventured up to Amarillo, TX for Columbus Day long weekend. We had only driven through Amarillo previously, so we thought this would be a good opportunity to go and explore the area. It is located North West 3 hours from Altus. There were a few things we had planned on doing while we were there...
We managed to do some shopping, swimming in the pool and I only hit up Target 4 times in two days (just because I could)... Obviously it was one time too many, because on our last trip Bella had the BIGGEST meltdown I have ever experienced any child throw. I kept thinking to myself this can't get any worse... and it did!

Cadillac Ranch! Yes those really are 10 real old cadillacs sticking out of the ground along the Old Route 66 since 1974. There is a country song by Bruce Springsteen that I remember doing the Electric Slide (a country and western dance) to in my old wild days out on a few Friday nights... Anyways, to my surprise this is where the song was written about. Some people gave us their old can of spray paint, which Bella thought was the coolest this to paint the cars.

PALO DURO Canyon:
Said to be the 2nd largest canyon in the US other then the Grand Canyon. We took the kiddos on a little hike. Ben took Belles and I had Ethan. The weather wasn't too hot, so it was a beautiful day to hike.

The BIG TEXAN:
Home of the 72oz steak... If you can eat it in an hour... you get it for free.
We didn't even attempt! Ben got a 9 oz, to which I said "can you believe the 72oz is 9 times the size of that piece of steak." GROSS. Only a handful of people have been successful at eating the whole thing (along with a baked potato, salad vegetables and rolls).

1 comment:

LeroyLime said...

great pics Nat, love those cars!!