Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg

We are so fortunate to live in such close proximity to other countries in Europe. It only took us an hour and a half to drive to this beautiful city. I can't wait to go back there in the summer and explore more of its culture, sights, architecture, people and yes of course... food! We had a few stops in mind when we looked up the sights prior to going... but the day was a little cool (and Liz and I weren't dressed very warm) and well... with kids, I guess one has to improvise and be flexible. We walked through old Luxembourg, visited the castle, saw some churches, went to the caverns carved out of rock that were apart of an old fort and ate the best cheese fondue I've ever had! Between Liz and I, we pretty much finished the whole fondue, It was pretty much divine! Lol! Luxembourg is definitely one of those places we could go back a few times and never see it all. 

I adored the architecture, the cobble stone streets and the fact that people spoke french! And I can't wait to get one of those giant sized meringues next time! Love how everything I do is centered around food! lol!

1 comment:

LeroyLime said...

FANTASTIC!! Love the pics, new blog layout and updates...you've been one busy Mama! :) Mmmmm, love fondue!