Sunday, May 15, 2011

In the Life of Ben!

MAJOR Accomplishment!
Other then being a great Father, wonderful spiritual leader and head to our family... Ben is a very dedicated and hard worker! His ability to organize, prioritize, focus and get the job done (successfully) all with a spirit of integrity and humility is one of his greatest characteristics. Ben is one of the hardest workers I know. He is never one to leave work, when there is still work to be done and I know he strives for a high standard of excellence. Over the last 3 1/2 years since we have lived in Altus, besides being an Instructor Pilot, Ben has had some high stress and very demanding jobs. However, he has managed to complete his Master's in less then two years, take on other demanding POC tasks and be a husband and father (to 2 little kids)... and usually ends up cleaning the kitchen every night!!!! 
I am so thankful for Ben! For who he is, and because of who he is, for what he has accomplished along the way. While we were in Hawaii, Ben was notified that he is a Major Select this year! It wasn't all that much of a surprise (I had no doubt in my mind that he would make it). He will pin on the rank of Major within the next year and a half... 
We are so proud of you honey! I am so thankful that our children have such a wonderful leader to look up to! Congratulations.!
33 Years!
It was Ben's birthday on Wednesday. It was nice, because he flew wednesday night... so he was home all day. I made his favorite dish for lunch/dinner and we had a June's cake. Bella and Ethan's favorite part of Daddy's birthday was his cake! 
 Happy Birthday honey & Daddy! We love you!

Insanity...
Ben started a workout called Insanity this past week (a high intensity 60 day video led workout). I wish I could do it with him... and I think he does too... I usually sit on the chair watching him do the workout and yell (I mean motivate) him to do the exercises properly and keep going. Bella has gotten into the motivating part also. Its quite cute...
Here are Ben's before pictures. Honestly, most 33 year old men would would want these photos to be their after pics... but stay tuned for his after photos in less then 60 days!
He'll probably be mad at me for posting these pics :)
Good work honey! You are doing a great job!

1 comment:

LeroyLime said...

woohoo Ben!! Happy Birthday! congrats on your Major select! and good luck with your insanity!!