Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Grandma Susie & Grandpa Don

Today was a BIG day. Isabella and I drove my parents up to Lawton all by ourselves, so Grandma Susie and Grandpa Don could head back to Calgary. It was a tearful goodbye on all of our parts (except for little Missy, who slept the whole time). I didn't think it would be so hard to say goodbye to my parents, but when the time came I couldn't get a single word out... all I did was cry!

I guess there is something about having your Mom around during times like this. Grandma Susie has been here since 4 days before Isabella was born. I can't really explain how great it was to have her here during the last two weeks especially with recovering from our rough delivery. She was a Godsend and took on almost all of the household duties over the last two weeks.
Grandma Susie was Isabella's personal diaper changer... which was a full time job in itself, as our little missy poops at least 12 times a day.

Thanks Mom for all the work you did while you were here... all the meals, cleaning, taking care of Isabella while I slept, burping, changing and feeding. I could not have done it without you!
It is so nice to see the love that both of my parents have for our daughter. They loved every minute they spent with her... even watching her sleep! I am so blessed to have parents who are so loving and supportive to our little family. Thank you Grandma Susie and Grandpa Don for coming out to our little life here in Altus and spending the time with our new family of three. I know that Isabella will grow to love and cherish you both. We look forward to spending more time with both of you!

Thank you & We Love You!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I know the feeling. It's so hard to say goodbye. Thank God for loving parents (grandparents!!) and that we're so close (in a heart sort of way). I'm always a little melancholy for a couple days after my family leaves. :( Trust me, you guys will find other, creative ways to make sure Isabella grows up knowing and loving her grandparents. Thank God for Skype!!-Adrianne