Thursday, June 19, 2008

Introducing....

Isabella Susie Shaub
06.16.08
8:06pm
7 lbs 6 oz
20 inches long

First off, sorry it's taken so long to get up photos, I 'thought' the hospital had wireless... But I'm sure you all understand!
Well, after 15 hours of labor (only 5 hours of it was actually hard) Ms. Isabella Susie entered into this world. Our birth story was a little traumatic (which, I will write some details later), but the most important thing is that our little GIRL is here safe and healthy!
We are so thrilled to have this blessing from the Lord. Isabella has been the best little baby (so far). She is perfect in every way. It is amazing to me that she is ours and every time I look at her and marvel at God's goodness and His grace. It is amazing how you can have so much love for someone so little. Ben and I are both so thrilled that she is finally here!
I have to tell you all, that Ben and I were both shocked when SHE popped out. I kept repeating "It's a GIRL?!" Ben did a stellar job with me in the delivery room and even held my leg and cut the cord!

Isabella looks almost exactly like me when I was born: Like a little Eskimo baby with chubby cheeks, squinty eyes, with LOTS and LOTS of dark hair. Ben is a little disappointed that Isabella doesn't look more like him. He keeps on trying to find something on her that resembles him... I think she has his lips!

We are so thankful for all of our dear friends and family who thought about and prayed for us on Monday. You are all such a blessing to us!
Here are some pics of our beautiful little Isabella! Enjoy!





9 comments:

Ms. Natties Mum said...

Oooh Natalie, she is soo precious! I am eager to hear about your labor story...glad you and baby are doing well now! I miss you so much, I wish our lil girls could grow up and play together. she is such a lil cutie...I can't believe those long legs...How is the Breast feeding going ? Give me a ring if you have any questions...Get as much rest as you can, Miss you lots...and Congrads to you both! I just love the pic's

Anonymous said...

what a BEAUTIFUL little girl!! love and cherish each moment. can't wait to see her in person but i love these pictures. aunt jane

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

I've been waiting for these fabulous pictures! I can't wait to meet her!!!! When's the best time for visitors? We can call first :)

CE said...

BEAUTIFUL baby, CONGRATS!

LeroyLime said...

Yeah!!! You posted!!! She's just a DOLL and now you can remain a PINK fan for quite some time, eh?! ;)

Sorry about the mess up on the date...I didn't have my calander with me when I posted and checked on when you said your water broke on facebook...hence, where I got the 14th, my bad!

Jill said...

She is just gorgeous! Can't wait to meet her!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Isabella is a beauty... but so is her mother. You gave birth in style Nat; I noticed that you wore your pearls to the delivery room... a woman after my own heart.

Anonymous said...

Natalie and Ben,
Congratulations on your little girl. She is sooo sweet. We are so thankful she is here and healthy. Take good care and let us know if we can do anything. We might try to call you this weekend.
God bless,
Ed and Maggie

Michelle Fry said...

Congratulations on your little girl!!! She is so beautiful!!! God's blessings on your new family!