Thursday, February 4, 2010

Weather Update


Here are the rest of the photos I took as we were heading out of town after 24 hours without power or heat! These photos were taken after more freezing rain and snow from the last post!

Literally all of the trees here on base looked like this:

All of the branches were droopy or broken off due to the ice accumulation. And as it turned out over 200 power poles between here and Lawton had the same fate and snapped to cause the power outage.
We stayed in Wichita Falls through the weekend and headed back up to Altus for my OBGYN apt on Monday afternoon. I have to say, I was getting nervous being away from home and all the logistics if I had gone into labor down in WF. So after my apt we decided to buy... I mean invest in a generator. We were lucky that our furnace hooked directly into the generator so we were able to heat the house have a few lights on, get the fridge plugged in and even enjoy a little technology while watching a movie.

The power finally came back on yesterday morning (Wednesday morning) after 6 days without electricity. So I must say we have been thoroughly enjoying having the modern day convenience of electricity! Even though we only used the generator for two days, I am happy to say that I would buy one again is a second to be at home. There is nothing like sleeping in your own bed! Not to mention the forecast for tomorrow is freexing rain and snow... who knows, we just might have to use the generator again!

No comments: