Thursday, January 8, 2009

You've Gotta Start Somewhere!!!

So, before Christmas I got this fun idea to start a workout group here in Altus for the wives. But also for me too... as I was finding that I wasn't making getting back into shape a priority with all the other things going on in life.


For those of you who don't know, I am a certified spin (cycling) and aerobics instructor from my Grand Forks days and have been instructing spin for Ben's Squadron for a little while now.


Tuesday afternoon I created a group on Facebook called "You've Gotta Start Somewhere" and sent the word out that every Tuesday and Thursday I would be in the Altus AFB gym working out and whoever wanted to join me could come.


Well on Tuesday we had a small group of girls show up... BUT tonight there were 17 of us. I was SO excited and surprised when the ladies just kept coming in. We cycled for 25 minutes and then hit the gym for abs and legs.

It was fun, encouraging and a little sweat in there too. I can't wait to keep going with all the ladies and get back into good shape!

It was AWESOME!


Missing: Suzanne & Tess who already left!





2 comments:

Katie said...

Thank you so much for starting up the class Natalie! It's exactly what I needed to get motivated :)

holly gannett said...

Hey just thought I would see if Ben or Ben you guys were coming to San Antonio this week by any chance?? We have heard from a couple people we know that they are coming for this air force conference thing and sending a lot of IP's. Just thought I would check to see if by any chance you guys are coming :)

If so maybe we can do lunch or dinner sometime. If not no worries.

Hope all is well. Take care. h