Monday, September 20, 2010

Hawaii Vacation

We had a fabulous time in Hawaii at the end of August. Ben finished his Master's final on Saturday August 28th and then we left for Hawaii on September 30th. We spent 9 days on the BIG Island. The weather was wonderful and hot the whole time. Grandma Susie and Papa were there with us for a 6 days. It was SO nice to have my parents there, as Ben and I snuck away for a while everyday to workout, shop, snorkel, go on adventures, and out for a fantastic dinner at Ruth's Chris Steak House.

The first time Bella went in the ocean, she was scared of the water and hated the sand sticking to her feet... I thought to myself, this might be a long vacation! But it didn't take her long to start loving the ocean (even the waves), we ended up having to really watch her on the beach, because she would just take off down the beach. The sand on the other hand, bugged her the whole time we were there (definitely her father's daughter).

We went to 5 different beaches, ate great sushi, had our favorite pizza (twice), swam with the biggest sea turtle I have ever seen, got sun tans, spent some quality time with Grandma and Grandpa and had a wonderful vacation time.
Thanks so much Mom and Dad for having us to your place and spending your vacation with us too. And Thank you so much for allowing Ben and I to spend some quality alone time together. It was awesome. Can't wait till next time... It's already planned. Ben and I are going BY OURSELVES in February 2011! Can I start counting down now??
I took a ton of photos:

2 comments:

LeroyLime said...

great slideshow Nat! looks like you all had a blast! Can't believe how big the kids are...

Ms. Natties Mum said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful time...I am looking forward to warmer weather :)