Friday, February 4, 2011

Plan Failed!


For the last few weeks Bella has been going to be super late. Her bedtime is usually 8:00, but lately she has been going to be after 10:00. Even if we put her to bed on time, she ends up playing in her room for hours (or being a little stink and coming out of her room many many times). I have a feeling that it is because she might be getting to the age where she doesn't need an afternoon nap. But for two reason I have continued to put her down for a nap:
#1. Because I'm selfish! If she naps, then that is a guaranteed two hours of peace and quiet MOmmy time.
#2. Because she sleeps so well during her nap, that I hate to break her of it.

So today, I had a plan! I was going to skip Bella's nap during the day and make her stay up. Ethan had a good morning nap, and then we headed to Walmart for groceries and the afternoon sort of got away from me. When we came home, Ethan was hungry again... so by the time I tried to put him at 3:00, he refused to go to sleep. Bella was going strong, so I put on Dora to keep her occupied for a little while I cleaned up.

Now its almost 5:00 in the afternoon... and here is how my plan TOTALLY BACKFIRED on me:
I better not let them sleep too long... Or Mommy and Daddy movie night will go out the window!

3 comments:

LeroyLime said...

awwww...poor sleepy babies!! How was movie night? See anything good?

Karisa said...

Yes, giving up the afternoon nap for the older one is always tough, but the early bedtime is totally worth it! We've instituted quiet time so that Mommy still gets a break! Good luck!

Cale & Katie said...

Love the pictures! So sweet :-)