Sunday, May 11, 2008

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

This Mother's Day was special... Ben and I were flying home from Omaha, and I had complete strangers come up to me to wish me a Happy Mother's Day in the airport! It was nice to know that other people also value the 'fetus' in my belly as an actual human being. Even though I have yet to make the sacrifices of a Mother (of children who are physically walking around), I am already a Mother to this little precious baby who will make his/her debut in a month.


What a gift and blessing it is to bring a little person into this world. As a Mother I know that I have many years ahead of me to bring up, nurture, discipline, guide (physically, mentally and SPIRITUALLY) and love the children God blesses us with. In a way it's a little overwhelming... But I know the process with be some what easier, because I have been blessed with the best role model in my own mom. It is so nice to know I have someone who I can go to for advice, encouragement and to be loved on.
Over the years I have learned a great deal from my Mom and know that I am a better person and will be a better mother because of her. Thanks Mom, I love you!

Happy Mother's Day to all the other mother's out there!!!





2 comments:

Michelle Fry said...

It's such a blessing to have such wonderful mothers! I thank God all the time for my mom--we're practically best friends!

You're already a great mom--I don't care what "science" says--a baby is a baby from conception!

LeroyLime said...

Happy Mother's Day Nat, you're going to be such a wonderful Mama!!! Girl, you were BORN to be a Mama! :)