Sunday, January 23, 2011

San Antonio

I figured I better get this post up, so I can stick to my New Years Resolutions...
We ventured down to San Antonio last Wednesday for an Air Force conference. The kids and I tagged along to visit my friend Dawn again and of course SHOP!
The first night we had a nice time down on the riverwalk, but I didn't take my camera... so no pics.
We spent Friday evening with Ben's old college roommate and partner in crime Cale Marthens, his wife Katie and their adorable daughter Lilly. These two, haven't seen each other since Cale was in our wedding almost five years ago. But it was very much like it was yesterday, as Ben and Cale reminisced about old times, laughed about the present and were up to no good with the future (both Cale and Ben say they are going to retire from the military and become ski lift operators). I would say they are like two peas in a pod. It was so much fun hanging out with you guys... too bad we didn't live closer. Remember, we can always meet up in Hawaii anytime you would like!
I stayed with Dawn and her kiddos for two night. We picked up right where we left off and it was so nice seeing her again. It was too short, but we packed our 48 hours with some good chats, great food and laughs. Thanks so much for having us Dawn. Look forward to next visit sometime down the road.
Pic disclaimer: for some reason Dawn and I always seem to only have our picture taken in the morning with no makeup and in our pjs. Oh the life of being a mom.
On our way home we stopped in a quaint little town called Fredricksburg, TX. It is literally a town right out of Germany. We ate lunch at a german cafe... Isabella had the equivalent of German cheese toasty. I could have walked around for hours... there were so many cute stores.

Yay.. finally a nice family picture!

1 comment:

LeroyLime said...

you beat me...of course I am still an entire month behind on my blog but am working on catching up! :) Sooo good to see you all again Nat, the time is always too short when we are together. Thanks for posting that fab morning pic, ewww!