Saturday, December 12, 2009

Altus Christmas Lights!

Tonight we braved the cold (not really it was 55 degrees) and took Bella girl to see the Altus Christmas lights. I knew she would like them, as every time we are in the car and she sees Christmas lights, she points and says look at those lights mommy (in her own baby way)... it's so cute! We took the stroller, thinking she would like to stroll wrapped up in warm blankets... But no no no. This little girl was on a roll. She walked the whole way around the park, loving EVERY minute of it. She got very excited when she was the horsey pulling the wagon, to which she let out a BIG neigh! Bella even got to sit on Santa's lap... not just any santa... the most realistic looking Santa I have ever seen. At first she wasn't too sure about it, but then she gave in and sat there to get a few pics. But she wouldn't look at santa if her life depended on it. He tried to bribe her with a cnady cane... but she just stared off very deliberately in the other direction. It was really cute!
What a difference a year makes. I remember last year Ben and I quietly walked around the park while Bellie slept the whole time in the stroller. I must say even though it was a little hard keeping this determined little girl on the path, I much prefer these moments now that she can interact, talk a little and express all the fun she is having!









1 comment:

jenny said...

Fun! I remember walking around that park when we were there! And I totally remember that Santa too! He is VERY authentic!