Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tuesday December 15th


Well today started off bright and early... or should I say still dark and VERY VERY early!
Isabella woke up crying at 12:45am. I went into her room to check on her and I could tell that it wasn't a normal 'I lost my susu cry'. I picked her up and she was boiling! Poor little thing. I took her temperature at it was 104.1 degrees. NOT GOOD! I gave her some baby motrin and called the 24 hr nurses hotline & Dr. Shaub (aka Grampy)!

Long story short... the motrin and advice brought her temp down and Bella and I settled down in the guest room by 2:15am.
This was Bella in the bath tub at 1:30am. You really couldn't tell she had such a fever... she's such a trooper!

When we woke up at 8 her temp was 100 degrees, so of course that meant that this Tuesday wasn't going to be a normal Tuesday.
Normally we would head off to Women's Bible Study at our Church to spend the morning (9:30-1:30) with these wonderful ladies!!!
I was especially looking forward to today, because we were going to have a Christmas Party with the ladies. Bella usually goes into the nursery with the best nursery ladies ever and her good buddies.
I called the Dr's office and they had an opening for us at 10. I sat Bella on the potty for at least 30 minutes thinking she would pee pee so I could take a urine sample into the drs with me... but no such luck. She has peed on the potty twice up to this point... But she was not going to go in the potty this morning. But we did have fun reading books, while we waited.
This is Belles playing with a puzzle at the dr's office. Look at that face. She is so cute!
We were also supposed to have Bella's 18 month well baby appointment this afternoon, but I obviously cancelled to get her in sooner.
She weighed 22.1 lbs and was 33 inches long! I was happy that she had gained over 2 pounds in the last 3 months. We were sorta stalled out at 19+ lbs for quite a while!
The doc was worried Bella might have a UTI... but a urine sample test showed otherwise. I just have to watch her and bring her back in if she gets worse.


When we got back from the dr's office Belles had some breakfast and a LONG nap. After her nap, she still had a fever, but seemed to be a little more chipper... as you can see!

Isabella playing with her baby (my cabbage patch doll from way back when)

When they are sick.. you sorta let things slide:
After dinner, belle-bees had a shower...
Acquired some crazy hair upon getting dry...
And then we had story time. Bella LOVES her books and she has her favorite too. We usually read for at least 20 minutes and go through all the books. She can sign book, so when we are done reading she will sign book and say 'more'. We literally could read all night long!
I put her down at 7:45 and then headed to teach my spin class (that is why I am in my workout clothes). Forgot my camera!

So there you have our Tuesday... not the typical Tuesday... Hopefully tonight and tomorrow we will have a happy little girl!

2 comments:

Robin said...

The girls just loved watching "Illabella" in the video. Emari says "mom I wanna go play with My Isabella." I hope she is feeling better. We missed you yesterday at Bible study. Oh and by the way....cute belly pics.

LeroyLime said...

awww...poor babe, hope she feels better soon! Dair kept saying "hi" while we were watching Bella dancing in her video! :)